Wednesday 8 October 2008

Clown in a Jeep


This one is a classic.

Spotted this old Jeep which had seen better days after travelling back from one of Ale's mum's apartments in the Prado area of Montevideo. When I first saw it, I thought it was on a kerb - the listing was so bad. Anyway, that was nothing.

It pulled away and when we caught up with it at the next junction, the full horror story was revealed. Anyone who reads this blog knows full well my disdain at the decrepit motors on the roads over here. Some of them are just totally rusty, most don't have legal exhausts (if one at all) and as for lights? I give up.

Well, this one was no exception. With an exhaust loud enough to make your ears bleed profusely.

Anyway - I digress. As you can no doubt see from the picture, the Jeep was leaning heavily to one side. The offside rear suspension was totally mullered and just waiting to violently snap. When we got closer, I was amazed to see not 2 people but at least 6 or 7 people jammed into this thing. The only thing I've seen more dangerous is the old pizza bike delivery drivers who seem to excel in driving around with no lights on. If it's a personal choice, then I'd have to question their sanity....

JG

No comments: