Tuesday 22 April 2008

Thunderbird email client

I am recently a convert to the world of Ubuntu 64 on my laptop, and my email client of choice is Thunderbird.

However, after replying to some emails I noticed that Thunderbird's default behaviour when replying to an email is to place your reply at the bottom of the email.

This confused a few friends so I did a brief Google search and found the solution to setting the reply position on e-mails to the top instead of the bottom.

# In Thunderbird: Go to “Account Settings”
# Select “Composition & Addressing” for the account in question
# Check the checkbox in the Composition group that says “Automatically quote the original message when replying”.
# Once the combo box below is enabled select the option “Start my reply above the quote”

That did the trick. Thanks to this entry on Google: http://tinyurl.com/3kkqde

Very useful tip

No comments: